Monday, August 17, 2009

Daily Epiphany: 100-Mile Clothes?


I like to get my eco on like the next person. I recycle my containers, conserve water, and generally try to be sustainable. But I’ve always wondered where clothing comes into the debate. I guess others have too and for some time. This is a picture taken from a Wired magazine article that focuses on an educator and designer who’s taking the 100-diet ethos into the realm of clothes. Being a thrift shop fan, I certainly feel good buying recycled clothes, but making your own clothes from existing materials is taking preloved to a level few might be able to reach or want. Perhaps there’s another way to tread this lightly, but still look good?

1 comment:

  1. This guy has the idea:
    http://www.todayandtomorrow.net/2009/08/14/them/

    ReplyDelete