Sunday, September 6, 2009

Daily Epiphany: Going Barefoot



I recently came across this article through a colleague. It reminded me of a friend of mine who used to walk around Vancouver footwear free. This didn’t surprise me since this friend of mine was prone to be a little on the hippy side. For him, going sole free was just a phase. But for others, being a barefooter is a way of life. I booked Al Gauthier for the On The Coast CBC radio program on Monday this week. When Al came into the CBC newsroom, he was wearing these crazy looking foot gloves. Apparently, Nike and other big brands are also making shoes that let you feel like you’re not wearing shoes, but provide protection to both your feet and your reputation since showing up to the office or public bathroom footloose is generally frowned upon. Looking at the Vibram five fingers, I feel these barefooters should remain barefooted.

No comments:

Post a Comment